Thursday, May 8, 2008

Homeschool

So I read a blog about homeschooling the other day, and was angry at what I read. The man writing the blog said things like "home schoolers=anti social morons" and the thing is home schooled kids ARN'T anti social morons. I have a lot of home schooled friends who are deffinatly not anti social! The thing is, this guy thought he was sooo funny and said many smart mouth things, very mean, very rude, very unintelligent. Basically what I have to say in response to all you people who talk smack on home schooled kids need to just lay off!

See what most people don't realize, some kids don't have a choice whether they are home schooled or not, some kids do. But what does it matter to you anyway because its their life and there desicion. People could say anything makes someone "anti social" it's just the easiest to pick on home schooled kids because there are so many stereotypes about them, and so many are anti social. Or at least it used to be that way. The home schooling life is changing, there are co-ops you can go to which is basically class 2 or 3 times a week with other home schoolers. I'm just saying people have the wrong thoughts about home schooling, and really don't know how it works. So just stop making judgements on something till you know more about what your talking about.


Another reason why it bugs me people make fun of home schoolers is because some of them have handicaps and need direct attention all the time, or have social handicaps, there is nothing the kid or parents can do but love there kid enough to school them at home. I think its fine if a kid or a parents, for a dissability wants to be home schooled. I dunno this just kinda ties into don't talk about something you don't know much about, don't diss someone/something you know nothing about, except what you've heard or seen. It's lame! Personally I would never want to be home schooled, some kids do, and some kids are forced to. It's not really their fault if they are forced to be home schooled, and I'm not home schooled so it's great! My concluding thought is homeschoolers=too smart for public or private schools! Especially smarter than the guy who wrote that obscene blog.


p.s. To all you home schooled kids who are forced to be homeschooled and don't want to be...I'm sorry. But don't worry, school sucks NO MATTER WHAT!!

2 comments:

Clifton R. Clyde said...

I don't have any problem with parents home-schooling their kids, but there should be some kind of a test to ensure the kids are achieving.

Stephanie said...

agreed