Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mind Like the Mountains

Soooooo today I got my permit!!! WOOOHOOO!! *victory dance* Yes after a year of waiting finally I got it. I believe really God was teaching me patience throughout this whole time. Because towards the end I was a little ancy and restless just wanting to have it! I will most definitely be more appreciative of it now, and be sure to be a save driver! And to all you young, old, tall, and small etc etc. people please just be kind to each other out there. No need to be impatient, well maybe but there is no use it's just a waste of energy...that's what I learned. But what I really wanted to share in this blog is this poem I wrote last year, and as I read it again last night I fell in love with it once again! Well some reasons I love this poem because it really is how my mind is. But don't read it thinking just about my mind but how an imaginative, creative, deep, wide, artistic a mind can be, and how God designed them if we just open up! (Not aiming that at anyone I promise ;D ) I dunno I hope you get something out of this whatever it may be. Poetry is AAAAAMAZING! I love it, it is such a beautiful expression of life, emotions, a moment captured in time. Well enjoy!!

~~~~~~
My mind is like the mountains.... massive, powerful.
The white misty clouds roll in, like a lacy necklace,
Resting along the ridges. The silent beauty whispers
Softly, as distant thoughts I cannot grasp.

My mind is like the mountains.
Changing with each season, but always beautiful,
With each season I learn more, mature, and grow.
Each season has its own personality. Spring is warm
And cheerful, summer blazing and exciting, fall is
Brisk and colorful, winter cold, and sad but still
Awes us with its white splendors.

My mind is like the mountains.
Some places are jagged, some smooth, some as
High as the sky, or as low as the ground; no place is
The same. The trees are my memories, each unique
In its own way. Some are older than others, some
New, sprouting everyday. The caves are memories
Wanted to be forgotten, but still linger among the rocks.
My imagination is as the animals running around
Vibrant, creative, and free.

My mind is like the mountains.
Great and mighty, no one can every fully understand...Not even me
.
~~~~~~
Thank you for reading please keep checking, life has been crazy!! I am painting my room and that has been occupying my time, its not quite finished yet. But yehh and just waiting for my permit and all. So yeah. Well comment, e-mail, and keep reading!!
peace and love!

2 comments:

Emmychka said...

You make me feel old reading this! LOL!

I remember two summers ago you sitting in the front seat of mom's car going, "Guess what? Next year this will be me." And I though, "NO WAY! Your just a little girl."

No not really anymore. *sighs* You keep growing up into such a beautiful young lady who is so smart and bright, thoughtful and sweet. I'm proud to call you my sister. I keep praying for you. Never forget that. I always always pray for you even when we don't talk. I know God loves you and holds you closer than i ever could.

Thanks for letting us know about your permit. I trust you with a permit more than i Trust Ukrainian drivers. Most of them just paid off an official for the paper, never once taking a class. What a thought.....

:) <3 Emmy

Stephanie said...

haha thats a funny. and i remember saying that!! i had the radio blasting!! hehe my HUGE sunglasses.
jeez time flys. i miss you!! and
it was awesome talking to you,
and no matter what your close to my
heart alwayss!! i have a big picture of you on my wall and say here is my beautiful sister arn't yah jealous. hehe.
well thanks for reading your the best!!!

loveloveloveyouuuuu!